Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Sheafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A  Few Wireless Networking Questions

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Ed Padin wrote:

epadin >Here are my Basic Needs:
epadin >
epadin >I have a DSL hookup that travels at about 600Kbps downstream. I would like
epadin >a solution that will go at least 1Mbps. I would like for it to plug into an
epadin >existing jack on a 10BaseT ethernet hub like this:

I too have the webgear cards. Work great as reported by others. Works
between Winders and Linux, too. The WinProxy software that you get with
the webgear cards is a bit limited - If you know linux, you will do better
with it. It proxies more (like all) ports and does it transparently,
Firewalls, NATs, etc.

There is even a good article about it in the current Linux Journal. The
one gotcha that I have found is that you have to set "translate=0" instead
of the default "1" on the linux machine to talk to winders.

-Jim

----
Jim Sheafer            http://www.tux.org/~sheafer/




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to