Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:09:51 -0400
From: "Pres Waterman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Enhanced docking port

>David,
>
>Is the Power Save driver the one that shuts the power off when
>you  Start..., Shut down... , Shut down??
>
>That is the feature that was giving me fits after installing W98SE...
>I was having to push the power button again and again in order to
>get it to shut off.

I'd like to pipe in about the enhanced dock and shutdown. The instructions
with the enhanced dock say to remove the machine is a 2 step process...

Start...eject. This will inform Winders that yuo want a dock chance but NOT
actually put the machine to sleep. Then ( probably from the regular
keyboard ) start...suspend

then remove it.

Or I just skip the 2 steps and shut it off before removing. They didn't do
this one well.

Pres Waterman W2PW
c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer