Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:03:11 +0100
From: "Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Missing autoexec.bat and config.sys instructions required

Evening George,

>As described in other posts my config and autoexec files have somehow lost
>all their content... does anyone here have suitable command strings I can
>insert in these files suitable for the Libretto 100CT (UK version)... at the
>very least I need a floppy drive detectable and a keyboard properly mapped
>when I start in DOS mode - at present I have neither!!

Try :-

mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb uk,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

in Autoexec

and :-

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=044,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

in Config

Regards - Keith

Dartford Kent UK
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel/fax - +44 (0)870 4587037
Webpages: http://www.gre.ac.uk/~hk11

p.s. Please can some of you snip some of the repeat text in the
      messages? The "Request for Comments from All Memebers:
      List problems" thread is getting particularly oversize :-)