Note that the GPL is one of the "least-understood" licenses around,
even by some of its supporters who make the most outrageous claims
about linking. :-)

From professional experience I see some non-GPL supporters top the charts in outrageous claims about GPL and linking. A particularly interesting case started with "it's just a little bit" on a dialog and then accounted a third of the external resources adopted by a proprietary product as GPL. So I guess we can find examples in both sides.

If we are looking for a replacement to "standard" (which in my opinion seemed reasonable when explained and used within a specific context), then I'd guess even "notorious" could become a candidate on a voting poll if the intention is to find an accurate term that encompasses these licenses.

With kind regards,
Nuno Brito
---
spdx: http://triplecheck.de/download