I am building Web application using Lift (my first one) which is the
port of existing Tcl/Aolserver based application. In the existing one
i have two parts: Web and backend. Backedn part consists of jobs
running in the background from time to time using schedule or on
demand. I am trying to figure out the architecture and practical way
of doing this in servlet/Lift environment. I used to have telnet
interface but this is not a requirement, i can test using special
temporary Web interface. Is there any recommendation or experience
regarding such applications?
for example, i have special job for importing huge Xml files into the
database. The problem of loading big Xml files in Scala is already a
challenge but for now i assume i have unlimited memory. The problem i
have how to test it. Using scala interpreter mode i could test the Xml
Mapper setup for my schema. Calling this job from simple Web snippet
is my only choice?

Thanks