The backend is home grown background server which access the same
database as Web apps and prepares things for Web apps. I can run
separate server and communicates but that means twice as many database
connections and memory usage as oppose to using same process for both
Lift and server. I did not work with servlets before but as i
understand it is a background server already, i was thinking to extend
it with some scheduling and threaded job ability.