> Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I mostly use self-compiled LilyPond which seems to work as it should.
>> I'd call it a bug not to have access to all guile-modules in released
>> version.
>
> libreadline is not a Guile module.  It can be loaded at runtime by
> Guile.
>
> Maybe check whether installing libreadline5 or libreadline6 helps: it
> may be that Gub compiled with a certain libreadline version in mind that
> is not installed.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I currently have the following 3 installed:
libreadline5
libreadline6
libreadline6-dev

Should I try removing one?

Btw, I meanwhile found (ice-9 session) is not installed per default,
neither in a released nor in the git-compiled lily. As opposed to
guile directly invoked from command-line.
At least (use-modules (ice-9 session)) works. Because it _is_ a guile module?