Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com> writes:

> The first hit reads in sourcefiles/guile.changelog:
>
> guile (1.8.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Add readline as build dependency, libreadline8 as dependency for
>     libguile17 (thanks Ted Anderson).
>   * Remove /etc/hints.
>   * Remove curr from hints.
>
>  -- Jan Nieuwenhuizen <jann...@gnu.org>  Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:47:35 +0100
>
> No idea whether it's important, it's far beyond my depth.

That would point to readline support being compiled in.  libreadline8
would likely be the current one.

At any rate, David stated that calling the lilypond executable with full
path left him with working readline support.

Does

    which lilypond

agree that the version called without explicit path is the same as with
path?  If so, something in command line processing would appear to make
use of the 0th argument for finding libraries.  That would warrant more
examination.

--
David Kastrup