Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 11:13:40 PM, Bart wrote:

BP> As I said it works as expected on win, on mac I get the alert timer
BP> exists and then nothing happens. Any clues before sunrise are very welcome.

Don't have time to go through your script in detail, but could it be that the
Mac is running an older version of director or Shockwave (if it's a 'non
Shockwave player' projector then ignore me!)

The method for creating timeouts has changed since version 8.5 so if your
version on the Mac is running under an older player then you might need to
check the version number before creating your timeout object, to detect which
syntax to use. here's my code for doing this:

if getPlayerVersion()>=10 then
  g.timeOutObj = timeOut().new("Timeout name", period, handler, targetObject)
else
  g.timeOutObj = timeOut("Timeout name").new(period, handler, targetObject)
end if

It requires this handler, which should be in a moviescript somewhere. I keep it
in my core 'tools' movie script so it is always available. It returns the
player version as a float, so it can be numerically compared (which is
sometimes not possible with certain player versions, such as: "10.0.3". It
discards any revision numbers after the second period.

on getPlayerVersion
  oid = the itemDelimiter
  the itemDelimiter = "."
  pv = the environment.productVersion
  if pv.item.count <= 2 then
    playerVersion = value(pv)
  else
    playerVersion = value(pv.item[1]&"."&pv.item[2])
  end if
  the itemDelimiter = oid
  return playerVersion
end