Bart,

> > Like the home page for example:
> >
> > http://poppy.macromedia.com/~thiggins/
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /~thiggins/ was not found on this server.
>
> Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at poppy.macromedia.com Port 80

:_(

Ack, I'm off to bug IT to find out what's going on as the site is fully
exposed for me, but I'm here inside our firewall so I suspect that
recent server changes didn't go as planned. If you're interested in the
files I made drop me a line off-list and I can send them to you, but I'm
not sure that's necessary given that we're both of the impression that
it's not timeouts at fault here.

> I mean is there a list of software that is known to interfere with
> MX2004 normal behaviour

Gotcha, thanks. No, we don't have such a list. Do you know of any apps
that "interfere" with Director right now?

> > Make sure to use the proper syntax,...
>
> That's what I used(just didn't bother to look it up again for
> the mail).

Good, I was just making sure. :)

> Yes, I agree that it's most likely something else

Check for anything that clears or affects the timeoutList, try verifying
that the behavior in question doesn't have its endSprite triggered
before you're expecting it (put a debugging alert call on endSprite,
does that get called instead of the timeout's alert?), check to see if
other code in your movie affects that sprite or its scriptInstanceList,
etc. Sorry, but at this point I can only point out debugging help.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,
Tom Higgins - Technical Product Manager
Macromedia Director and the Shockwave Player
http://www.markme.com/thiggins/