> I tried to run the projector on another (older) mac and it works as
> expected. Now the machine that doesn't play along is a G4 QuickSilver.
> I must confess that when coming out I tried to make MX2004 run on this
> machine and I never could get it to work. Now I would like to try out
> the projectors you linked to but I'm getting 404/file not found ?

Hmmm, weird. Ok, quick check, can you see *anything* on my poppy site?
Like the home page for example:

http://poppy.macromedia.com/~thiggins/

Via Dreamweaver's site view all files appear to be on the server, and on
my end they do all download fine except the hqx'd copy of the OSX
projector. Can you get the projector itself (Timeout.osx) or is even
that giving you a 404 error? Can you pull the *.dir and use it to make
your own projectors?

<scratchin' my head>

> And back on the main issue. Two years ago I called tech support to
> resolve the mac issue. We found nothing then and I decided to
> switch to WIN in order to not loose to much time. Is there now a list
> of know issues as to what software is incompatible with MX2004 on OSX.
> OSX is an updated Panther. Machine specs G4 896MB RAM

What do you mean by "what software is incompatible with MX2004 on OSX"?
Are you asking about what Lingo might not work on OSX perhaps? Sorry if
I'm being dense but I just don't get what you're looking for. Director
is supported on OSX, what other "software" is of interest in this case?

> As I said we can rule out the faulty movie, there is merely something
> more than this script. It's my stub who does a screen size check and
> then enables a continue button that loads the "real" project. When I
> run it on this G4 it launches and then just stays on frame 1, passes
> the alerts and then freezes ???. I don't know, the last thing I tried
> was the debugenabled but message window doesn't pop up.

Make sure to use the proper syntax, it's 'the debugPlaybackEnabled' and
make sure you don't set it to false as once you do the Message window
_cannot_ be opened again during that same projector session (so if you
first set it to false then later back to true it will not open).

Do we agree that timeouts on the Mac are behaving just fine though? If
not then please either use my movies using your code, or your own
barebones movies to test that as from my point of view there is nothing
wrong with timeouts in and of themselves. Once we're on that page
together then we can concern ourselves with what possible other
complications there might be.

Cheers,
Tom Higgins - Technical Product Manager
Macromedia Director and the Shockwave Player
http://www.markme.com/thiggins/