On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 10:53 America/Chicago, Diego Landro wrote:

I am trying to create new sprite with lingo, is that possible. I couldnīt
find how. The thing is this. I want to create a lot of text fields to
display information on the stage and dont want to do it by hand. So i
thought to create a script to generate child objects and display them on the
screen. I can easily cretae a new field in the cast, but how can i assign
that new cast member to a sprite using lingo?

puppetSprite someChannel, TRUE sprite(someChannel).member = theMemberYouWant sprite(someChannel).ink = theInkYouWant sprite(someChannel).loc = theLocYouWant

If you want to make the changes permanent, you can use Score recording. You can even attach behaviors to your created sprites using setScriptList.

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Developer | Structor, a presentation development/programming tool Info and demo | http://www.nightwares.com/structor/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/