Michael,

> I want to find the runmode, so what would be better to use when the
> scriptExecutionStyle = 10:
>
> X = the runmode
> Or...
> X = _system.environmentPropList.runMode
>
> Does it actually matter?

Your choice, both are equally valid. The scriptExecutionStyle property only
affects a limited number of top-level functions:

member()
sprite()
script()
window()
rgb()/color()
Etc.

I don't have the full-list handy but the point is that the
scriptExecutionStyle property was introduced to allow us to make all the
top-level functions behave the same (if an object of the given name exists
return a reference, it not then return VOID) instead of each behaving its
own way as it did in previous releases.

I sent a request to get a tech note written that covers these but I'm not
sure that's been done yet. Stay tuned as I'll follow up on that and see if
we can't get one pushed live soon (so that you'll know precisely which
functions are affected and how). But for now you can safely check the
runMode property using either method.

Cheers,
Tom Higgins
Product Manager - Director