On Wednesday, 12/19/2001 at 02:19 EST, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >          I'm walking over to engineering right now to see
> > what we'll do
> > with our 2.4 beta (and upcoming GA's) in terms of switching
> > back to 3215
> > support.
> >          Does anyone else on the list have comments about this?
>
> My 2 sous (for a few more days, anyway...exchanged your currency for
euros
> yet?):
>
> Default to 3215, have the 3270 available as an config option.

Without more sophisticated console detection, it seems to be the only
reasonable compromise.  The *real* solution is automatic detection of the
console with appropriate overrides on the parms.

Regards,
Alan

Senior Software Engineer
z/VM, TCP/IP, VIF, and Linux for zSeries Development,     Endicott, NY
Phone  607.752.6027    fax 607.752.1497     t/l 852