I don't know of any plans to make RMF-PM available on other platforms.   I
will look around, but it will be a week or so; others may be able to help
sooner.

Joe Temple
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
845-435-6301  295/6301   cell 914-706-5211 home 845-338-8794

                      David Boyes
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      e.net>                   cc:
                      Sent by: Linux on        Subject:  Re: Perpetuating Myths about
the zSeries
                      390 Port
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IST.EDU>

                      10/31/2003 11:48
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Linux on 390 Port

> What about memory intensive?  And how do you gage the CPU intensive
> applications?  For example we are planning to migrate some of
> our Solaris
> (SPARC) applications off of SPARC and into the z/VM Linux
> world.

Something that occurred to me (and since Joe Temple is kindly answering
questions): are there any plans to make the RMF-PM data collection agent
available on platforms other than zLinux? While it's not the best tool
available, it'd be handy to be able to do before/after comparisons with the
same tools reporting to FCON/Perf Toolkit.

> Right now I am recommending that any candidate first do a QA of their
> application in the Z environment prior to do doing the full and final
> migration.

Never a bad idea, particularly given your employer...8-)

-- db