On Mon, Jan 10, 2000, Chen Shapira wrote about "RE: Linux Demo Day 17.2":
> > > I'm afraid they would find a way to get us arrested!
> > nope, and it's been done before... here's one such "tea party" I
> > attended in person:
> >
> > http://www.scso.com/linux/tea-party-19981111/ (your choice of
> > PNG or the
> > cursed monopolitic GIF format :)
>
> Actually it would be *better* to get arrested. Just think of the press:
>
> "Programmers get arrested for handing our free CD's"

I hope you're joking... As much as I am a Linux fanatic, and a preacher
of operating-system pluralism, it is *not* the time yet to take such
actions against Microsoft. "direct action" and civil disobedience are not
the way to fight companies like Microsoft - Microsoft is not evil *enough*
yet, and is not (at least yet) doing direct harm to people (to other companies,
maybe).
If you're looking for reasons to get arrested for, I can point you to several
grave injustices in Israel that need such actions more - but that's another
subject altogether :)

If you ask me, I think we (linux fans) should not be demonstration outside
Microsoft conferences. What would you think if MS fans demonstrated outside
Linux conferences? It's much better for us to try to explain to our friends
collegue and people in positions of influence why Linux is better, instead
of going to Microsoft conferences and trying to convert MS users. The former
is pluralism, the latter is more like the Spanish Inquisition.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Monday, Jan 10 2000, 4 Shevat 5760
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The 3 stages of sex: Tri-weekly, try