On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:18:35AM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Alternativly - if you willing to have a small risk - you can buy them very
> cheaply at eBay - most of the time you won't need to replace the firmware.

>http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=Alcatel+speed+touch+home
>
> Enjoy,
> Hetz

  Does replacing the firmware means downloading a file and loading it
to the modem similar to the way you upgrade a bios or is it more
complicated and might necessitates you to open the box?
  What details does one need in order to be able to determine in advance
whether replacing the firmware will be necessary?

BTW: I don't consider this to be off topic.
--

    Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t