Uri Even-Chen wrote:

Hi people,

Today I had a meeting with people at a software company.  We talked
about Linux, and they said that today there are versions of Linux which
are not Free Software.
That is true. The moment "Linux" means "A Linux distribution", there is nothing stopping you from bundling in non-free applications, and charging a fee for the collection. Suse did that for a long time, before Novel opened Yast.
  They said that you buy a license for each
computer, and it's not legal to use it without a license.  They referred
specifically to Red Hat.
Actually, RedHat are free, last time I checked. Either the company or its local subsidiery (I suspect the former) are delibiratly murking the difference between the software, the RedHat trademark and their support, so that they can cause people to think like the people you mention.

RedHat is free software, but their support services are given per-computer and must be bought, as well as the use of their trademark (for some strange definition of that word).
  Since I know what is Free Software and GPL, I
found it hard to believe.  Is it true?
About RedHat, no. In general, yes. Read the "software collection" clause of the GPL (or was it the FAQ?)
  And if not, what makes them
think that it's true?
See above.

Shachar