On 10/11/07, Jonathan Ben Avraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is no built-in development framework in SVN like there is in
> ClearCase UCM.

Agreed, but you've also mentioned that developers rarely take the time to
understand ClearCase. In the army, we also tried to implement UCM (the
'multiple development streams + delivering to integration stream' deal) and
it was regarded as overhead without benefits. Then again, ours was a team of
5 developers.

For example, we pretty much gave up on orderly use of UCM activities and
delivering activities separately, since we soon found out UCM activities
easily become inter-dependent and thus not really separable. (Yes, I
understand why they become interdependent -- it makes sense, but it doesn't
mean the UCM model works.)

Jonathan, did you see it work better in a larger setup?

P.S. I'm still standing behind my claim about horrible performance (and we
had decent hardware in the army rollout).