On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Leonid Podolny wrote:
> Hi,
> My employer considers switching CM (i.e. "source control") system. The
> current favorite in the race is ClearCase. Previously, at my previous
> place of work, we worked with Subversion, and it was simply amazing --
> light, simple, yet powerful. (And infinitely cheaper, of course.)
> The basic reasoning behind choosing ClearCase is simple -- the
> management needs someone to provide us with support and help us in
> case of technical difficulties. So basically I am looking for some
> company that will be able to provide us with the technical support for
> SVN.

Well, we used to have a page with Subversion consultants on the IGLU wiki, but
it is now offline along with all the other Eskimo services[1]. Here is what
it contained from my memory:

1. http://www.pti.co.il/ (Gabor Szabo, etc.)

2. http://lingnu.com/.

3. Shlomi Fish (me) - http://www.shlomifish.org/

Maybe there are others, but they should speak now.

> I think that another reason behind ClearCase is that they have actual
> sales people. So it would be nice if that company would be able to
> send someone with nice PowerPoint presentations, that will be able to
> explain to VPR&D how vastly superior SVN is, compared to any other
> offering.

Well, I can prepare and deliver a presentation, but I tend to be an awful
speaker.

While I have never used it in the past, I've heard some very bad things about
ClearCase, and Subversion is much better in this regard (although CC has its
advantages).

> Any suggestions or recommendations?
> Thanks,

Regards,