On 11/10/2007, Jonathan Ben Avraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> developers working in one location. Once you go above that number there
> begin to be project management issues such as the need to lock down
> branches, define releases and other build types, and impose development
> discipline. This is where SVN and CVS fail miserably and ClearCase

"impose development discipline" is something I'm always in favour off,
especially after working for a company which did it pretty much perfectly,
but I'm not sure why you take this as a point against SVN.
What about Repository Hooks (
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn-book.html#svn.reposadmin.create.hooks
)?

Not that I speak from personal experience, so I'm open to learn new points
about any tools.

Cheers,

--Amos
(Who's now in the middle of an ongoing crusade to teach my organization
proper use of SVN/Bugzilla and other tools).