2009/12/20 Uri Even-Chen <u...@speedy.net>:
> Hi people,
>
> I am seriously thinking about switching to Google Chrome or Firefox.
> I use Internet Explorer 8, and I tested all 3 of them recently.  The
> fonts look better on good old Internet Explorer, and I'm also used to
> it, after switching from Netscape about 10 years ago.  But, the
> problem is I can't see pictures on my newsletters on Gmail.  I checked
> Google Chrome and Firefox, to my surprise both of them show the
> pictures without problems, only with Internet Explorer I can't see
> pictures, which is very frustrating.  I'm thinking maybe this is
> because I'm using HTTPS and not HTTP.  I don't know why I can't see
> the pictures on Internet Explorer, but it looks much better with
> pictures.  The problem is that I prefer the fonts of Internet
> Explorer, and I also use other websites, such as my bank, and I didn't
> check them with Google Chrome and Firefox.  It's much easier for me to
> use Internet Explorer, if I can just solve the pictures issue, or
> maybe use Google Chrome only to view my newsletters.  I'm in a
> dilemma.  I hate Microsoft, I like open source, but I don't like to
> use inferior software.  What do you think?
>
> My operating system is Windows XP.  Sorry - no open source OS for me
> yet.  I'm waiting for Google OS - maybe I'll switch in a few years.  I
> can't use ubuntu etc. - too complicated for me, not compatible with
> other computers etc.  I'm also using MS Word, Excel and Access - I
> can't stop using them right now.

Hi Uri. You will probably find that most sites will work the same in
both Firefox and Chrome, and that may be different than what IE shows.
Israeli sites are terribly IE dependant, so when you come across such
a site please write to me off-list (or on-list, but CC me) and tell
which site it is and what does not work.

Have a great week!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com