On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:12:03 +0800
Kassey Lee <kassey1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>       2) for mcam_ctlr_stop_dma implementation, I guess you know
> something about the silicon limitation,  but we found it can not pass
> our stress test(1000 times capture test, which will switch format
> between JPEG and YUV again and again).
>        our solution is :
>        stop the ccic controller and wait for about one frame transfer
> time, and the stop the sensor.
>        this passed our stress test. for your info.

Actually, I know very little that's not in the datasheet.  Are you telling
me that there are hardware limitations that aren't documented, and that
the datasheet is not a 100% accurate description of what's going on?  I'm
*shocked* I tell you!

(For the record, with both Cafe and Armada 610, I've found the hardware to
be more reasonable and in accord with the documentation than with many
others.)

In any case, I don't know about the limitation you're talking about here,
could you elaborate a bit?  For stress testing I've run video capture for
weeks at a time, so obviously you're talking about something else.  Sounds
like something I need to know?

>        3) for videoubuf2, will you use videoubuf2 only or combined
> with soc-camera ? when can your driver for videoubuf2 ready ?

Videobuf2 only.  To be honest, I've never quite understood what soc-camera
buys.  If there's a reason to do a switch, it could be contemplated - but
remember that Cafe is not an SoC device.

The vb2 driver is working now in vmalloc mode, which is probably what Cafe
will need forever.  I do plan to add dma-contig, and, probably, dma-sg
support in the very near future.  If you want, I can post the vmalloc
version later today; I just want to make one more pass over it first.

>        4) the point is: ccic and sensor driver should be independent,
> and support two CCIC controller.

No disagreement there.  I believe that two controllers should work now -
though there's probably a gotcha somewhere since it's not actually been
tried.

Thanks,

jon