In regard to: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] [E] Re: replacing a failed hard drive...:

> On 08/10/2017 05:49 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:

>> The particular system that has the failed drive happens to not be at the
>> 2.x release for iDRAC 7.
>>
>> We're going to schedule an outage for this weekend and remedy that.  We're
>> also going to pull a report from our OME system to try identify any other
>> systems that don't have recent iDRAC 7 or iDRAC 8 versions.

> Shouldn't need any downtime. Just download and run
> https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04020316M/1/iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_XTPX4_LN_2.41.40.40_A00.BIN

I've done that kind of thing for smaller version bumps for things like
the NIC, but considering it's iDRAC and we're going from 1.57.something
to 2.41.40.40, I felt like it would be a lot safer to do this during
an outage.  I also didn't know if there were any dependencies involved,
with other component versions (other things also needing to be updated,
in a particular order, because of the change in major version # of
the iDRAC).

I appreciate the tip though!  If we find any other systems that have
iDRAC that's in the 1.x series and the system isn't as critical, I may
give the individual .BIN update a try.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)