It is just my preference. I am open to see some porting to C, if most
prefers it!
C++ has much more abstractions, and it is easier to read. :-)

Anyway, like I said, this is a starting point... and the goal of all of us,
is to have an open source solution.

I did not mention, but I founf two issues withe blobs:

a) Motion Detection causes segmentation fault, whenever enabled.
b) FFMPEG complains that timestamp ( PTS/DTS ) are missing on the H264
stream generated by the encoder... I've tried many things ( code is
commented out ), but nothing worked.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and I am here to answer any question
you might have

Rosimildo

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 7:45:25 AM UTC-6, @lex wrote:

> Thank you Rosimildo!
>
> I will try it out and see how i can glue it to a 'C' program, if you don't
> mind being asked very basic questions.
> Don't get me wrong but why you choose C++? I will take some time to port
> it to C.
>
> Anyways thanks for the hard work.
>
> @lex
>
> On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-3, Rosimildo DaSilva wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have finally completed an initial version of AW H/W encoder based
>> utility. It is based on H3 blobs, provided by AW.
>>
>> See README:
>>
>> https://github.com/rosimildo/videoenc
>>
>> This is a starting point, and hope we get some traction to implement
>> something using open sources... but this might provide some test points to
>> archive the goal.
>>
>> Thanks, Rosimildo
>>

>> On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 9:05:46 AM UTC-6, @lex wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to make the vencoder demo works, the sample provided in
>>> media-codec from allwinner.
>>> Bear in mind i am new to the encoding process, let's see if what i want
>>> is possible and if i am doing the right way and if you can help.
>>>
>>> I would like to convert a 720p YUV420 image i grabbed from my camera
>>> into JPEG image, that is all i need, the fastest way possible using less
>>> CPU.
>>> I managed to compile the demo and the framework, so i changed the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> src_width = 1280;
>>> src_height = 720;
>>> dst_width = 1280;