Thanks Jon.

I have some thoughts on this proposed hardware solution:

* This camera will not be recognized as uvc usb device, unless you add it
to the device list, no big deal i think.
Your kernel is 3.3 but i think you or someone else already added it to uvc
device list. (i may be wrong),

* Orange PI ONE has only one USB, so you will need to access the device
remotely,

* Grabbing the video can be done with V4l2 as usual,

* I tested here a usb Labtec gspca camera which is VGA JPEG 30 FPS, and its
performance is about ~9 fps, that means USB camera tend to perform below
specifications when not in Desktop, may be the usb bandwidth is a
constraint,

* Original OPI camera is $ 5.90 while the one you pointed is $ 8.52 plus
some usb cable and may need some wiring/soldering,

* Logitec is out of question, i cannot get one for less than $ 100.00. And
considering spending $ 10.00 / 15.00 on a sbc board and another $ 100.00 is
only viable if you don't want to mess with software.

* No tinkering, no learning and no solution for the upcoming Allwinner new
devices going this route.

So, guys lets's get back to work, the fight is not over yet.

@lex