Please keep both until you know the BPF side can do everything you need.

On Fri, 09 Oct 2026 12:09:42 +0200
Gabriele Monaco <[email protected]> wrote:

> There's a common belief considering BPF a prototyping playground, where "real"
> things should eventually end up in the kernel.
> Now, I don't agree with it (look at the many sched_ext policies used in
> production), but I'd want to assess if dropping kernel support could drive 
> users
> away (e.g. industry/automotive which keeps popping out) and understand the
> various not purely technical reasons.

Where do you plan on storing the repository of BPF programs?

One issue I have with sched_ext is that it did exactly what many people
were worried about. There's a lot of schedulers out there without much
collaboration. It's the "copy one close to what I want and tweak it".
When I left Google, I heard there was 20 or so sched_ext schedulers
doing various things for various projects.

One of my main motivations for scheduler governors.

-- Steve

Reply via email to