Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2002 00:45 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:23:02PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > > This could also be entirely solved by making the requirements that:
> > >   (1) The core or HCD will unlink all URBs for a removed device when
> > >   it's removed
> >
> > To do so you need to add the urb to a per device list, which has to be
> > locked. The problems arise if you loose the race. Where do you put the
> > lock ?
>
> In the core or the HCD.  I presume the HCD needs to be able to lock that
> list anyway, for insert/remove.

Sorry to be more precise, into which data structure do you want to put
the lock and the list head ? It cannot be a per device data structure as
you have to free that sooner or later after disconnect.

Queued URBs are not so much of a problem. Those we could deal with.
Those who are being submitted or about to be submitted are the problem.

        Regards
                Oliver