On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:23:02PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > This could also be entirely solved by making the requirements that:
> >     (1) The core or HCD will unlink all URBs for a removed device when
> >     it's removed
>
> To do so you need to add the urb to a per device list, which has to be
> locked. The problems arise if you loose the race. Where do you put the
> lock ?

In the core or the HCD.  I presume the HCD needs to be able to lock that
list anyway, for insert/remove.

> > After all, it used to work this way....
>
> How so? When?

The behavior I describe was the observed behavior with OHCI in early 2.4
kernels.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

NYET! The evil stops here!
                                        -- Pitr
User Friendly, 6/22/1998