Hi,
 so we come back to the earlier comment, which after rewording becomes

"Are you willing to chase your tail in an endeavour to fix a piece of junk?"

Cheers,
 Derek.

p.s. my experience with memtest has not been conclusive, but I know of one second
hand computer store that sold computers with reliability problems. memtest
reported issues with their ram, and they refused to believe me. That firm is now gone.

I did have a problem identical to the original poster with my son's computer.
We chased our tails on this issue for a bit, and then gave up and went to a
store that sold PCs to your specs and it  has been brilliant...