Alan Hi,

> Yes, the profiles are very useful. Your program in general is very
> useful, I hope you make a stable release soon, some distros only ship
> release versions of programs (like mine for example).

The latest stable release is 1.3.1 (adds camera button support),
unfortunately some distros take quite some time to pick new releases
(maybe my fault, I usually do a new release every month or so).

> I wish the command line uvcdynctrl also supported loading/saving
> profiles (just like alsactl store / alsactl restore).

You are free to post a patch for it ;-) I'll add it to debian and send
it upstream.
I'm afraid in the next few weeks I won't have much spare time,
otherwise I could do it myself.
If you fell you can't do it, just remember me again in a couple of weeks.

> What happens to the camera settings when the computer is rebooted? Are
> they stored in some non-volatile memory in the camera? That would be
> awesome.

If I'm not mistaken USB keeps the power on, even during a reboot, so
the camera should maintain the control settings.
You would have to unplug the camera to loose the settings.
This is not always a good think, sometimes the camera may crash,
meaning that you must physically unplug it to make it work again.

Best regards,
Paulo