Hi Paulo,

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 10:36:19 Paulo Assis wrote:
> > What happens to the camera settings when the computer is rebooted? Are
> > they stored in some non-volatile memory in the camera? That would be
> > awesome.
>
> If I'm not mistaken USB keeps the power on, even during a reboot, so
> the camera should maintain the control settings.

I'm not sure that's guaranteed by the USB standard. I believe the camera
should be reset when the computer is restarted. Whether it will loose its
settings might depend on the camera firmware.

In any case, there's no non-volatile memory to store the controls in any of
the consumer webcams I know of.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart