I recently retired from Government of Canada and may have some time to help Linux-Ottawa in some capacities. One of them could be managing a Linux VPS where we could have the wiki and possibly a mailing list. As for the domain renewal, ownership and management, I can also help, as I currently have three domains that I own plus another that I manage for Linux-Gatineau.

In the last 10 years, we were hosting our domain web site on a VPS in Toronto, and I was taking care of it, both technically and for paying the bills, which were paid back to me through email bank transfer. This something that worked fine for some time already.

If you think I can help, hosting or managing some site on a technical basis, please let me know.

JFM

On 2023-08-05 14:03, James wrote:
Aug. 5, 2023 13:42:58 Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi...@uottawa.ca>:

Hello all,

I agree with Alayne, this: "OCLUG gave NCF $4247.90 -- and now the NCF wants to charge _every member_ of a low-volume mailing list $12/year? Yes, I'd call it an obstacle, both
the cost for some & the PITA for anyone who doesn't need to be an NCF
member."

I agree.
While the money is not a problem for me it is sort of offensive.
I understand they need money to pay for resources.

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org