2008/12/31 Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>:
> anyway, one good thing is that I have now learned the difference between GPL
> and LGPL (I was under the impression that LGPL meant Lesser GPL - something
> that is not so strict as GPL). I was vaguely contemplating switching from
> wxPython to pyQT - now I realise how dangerous that is. Lesson: before using
> a library, make sure it is not under GPL.

... if you plan not to use GPL for your code.

"Proprietary software developers have the advantage of money; free
software developers need to make advantages for each other. Using the
ordinary GPL for a library gives free software developers an advantage
over proprietary developers: a library that they can use, while
proprietary developers cannot use it."

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍