-----Original Message-----
From: Hanisha Vaswani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [ILUG-BOM] Linux-Bom?

though i have nothing at all against a 'more
professionally managed' event, i do have an issue
against outsourcing it -- having been on the core team
of a unique college fest before, i have realised that
*absolutely nothing* beats your own personal
involvement in everything right from whom to approach
for sponsorship to the what wattage of the bulbs to
use on stage...
----------
----------

I totally agree with the above point. By taking care
of the logistics ourselves, we will be be able to
control and conduct the event better than an event
management company.
-----------
-----------

an event management company is fine when it comes to
organising events for an audience whose needs are
well-understood ---Michael Jackson fans, for eg. ---
but i seriously have my own doubts about which event
management company would understand the unique needs
of a niche community like ours [ hell, we're a lot
different from a standard product launch or lecture
series, which is the maximum 'software expertise' that
most such companies have ]

----------
----------
Also since this is slightly
different event (I am talking about philosophy
of free software Vs sell-sell-sell/FUD about others
ideology of the corporates of the IT world)
corporate events), it would be better if we manage it ourselves and get the message
across.
---------
---------

which is why companies like IBM need to have their own
in-house event - preparation and - management teams

---------
---------
of course this is tiring and time consuming
but then the best things in life are never handed to
anyone on a silver platter
---------
---------

But I believe the effort will be worth it.