On 8/5/13 7:41 pm, Marco wrote:
no IP configured

This would be your problem.

How can I make the pfsense box visible from the LAN side? Am I doing
something wrong or is this expected?

I suspect it's expected behaviour. If you want to use pfSense purely as an access point, then you're probably best off not using LAN at all (unless you need filtering). Bridge WAN with your WLAN interface and LAN becomes effectively redundant.

(I seem to recall in the past it wasn't possible to bridge WAN with anything - whether this limitation still exists in 2.x I don't know, but if it does, you might be best off ignoring both WAN and LAN, and create an OPT interface to bridge with your WLAN interface)

Kind regards,

Chris