I assume you did a pfsync (HA) interface on each firewall? If so did you
connect this directly without going thru the switch? A direct connection is
prefered for the sync interface. Also make sure that if you do direct
connection then use a 6ft cable first to connect them. Some interfaces have
issues if the cable is too short.

Ivo Tonev: When you bild redundant firewalls you also want redundant
switches. This is the normal approach.