I'm having an odd problem and don't know where to look for troubleshooting
purposes.

I have an Eclipse RCP application. I'm attempting to transition logging
from a file to a database (Oracle). When running my application via Eclipse
events are logged to the database as expected. When running my application
directly (i.e. after building) no log events appear in the database. I'm
not seeing any (relevant) errors in either my application log or the
Eclipse log. (My Log4j configuration has both file and database appenders
defined.) I know that my connection to the database is working because
other portions of my application make stored procedure calls and they're
working.

My first thought is that Log4j isn't committing after inserting new data.
LOG4J2-438 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-438> appears to be
about that exact issue, but it's marked as being fixed in 2.0-rc1; I'm
running 2.7. Besides, that wouldn't explain why it works when running under
Eclipse.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong?

-Mike