>Whether a log4j2 port happens or not really is decided by the people who
>are willing and able to invest the time needed. The same is true for any
>other decision we take. There is no "business plan" for log4net, those
>who do the work decide about what gets done.

Wow.  So the developers are going to decide the feature in the product?  I
would have thought, and hoped, that the apache foundation, would be making the
strategic decision on product direction.

As I mentioned, it's my opinion that there should be a single logging
architecture/design which is ported to both linux/java and windows/.net.
Anything else doesn't make sense, at least to me.

Thanks,

Nick