On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, you wrote:

> My current target is "Open Source Linux Web Programming" by
> Christopher Jones and Crew Batchelor. You can see my review of _that_
> at <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764546198/>. I've been
> exchanging emails with one of the authors, who has already admitted
> that they don't really "get" Perl and were far more interested in the
> Java chapters later on.

it does strike me as a bit odd that there are 4 damming reviews and one
totally glowing one .. how can that be .. ?? these are not slight
diffreneces of opinion but total polarity .. and 28 out of 31 found the
great review helpful .. bet he got his mate to write it :)

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!