Robin Szemeti wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:23:01PM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> > >
> > > I concur.  There is simply too much of the important stuff missing from
> > > Java to make it useable for web content delivery as far as I can tell.
> > >
> > > I just couldn't do half of what I do without regexes
> >
> > Since excellent regex libraries are freely available,
>
> like I said.. as far as i can tell .. which maybe not very far :)
>
> so .. enlighten me .. how would you go about using regexes in Java?

No idea, I just play with it occassionaly to get my head round what's
going on, after 5 minutes I realise that if I'd been using perl I'd had
finished by now.  This is not "an experienced programmer developes
faster in their language of choice", but the fact that to do it in jave
takes loads more code!

I was recently asked how to do substition in strings in ASP - thank the
lord for regex'es.

Greg