On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:02:43 +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > Here's what I use, which probably isn't what most people would think
> > of when they hear "XML parser"
>
> Indeed. This is because it doesn't parse XML.

Alright then, go and read the XML spec and tell me where it defines XML "parsing". All
it mentions is "processing", which my routine certainly does.

MW's definition of parse is "to resolve (as a sentence) into component parts of speech
and describe them grammatically," which my routine does, providing you define the
sentence as "just the elements I told you about."

I'll now attempt to distract you from my argument by pointing out the quote which my
sig generator came up with for this message:

--
        Peter Haworth   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"my problem is i can type like the wind and