On Wed, 02 May 2001, you wrote:
> Just had a look, and apparently the Formmail scripts have been ported to
> Win32 and use something called Blat instead of sendmail. Is there any reason
> why we couldn't use Blat too? I'm looking into it to see if I can get it
> working.

ahh yes ...
trouble is .. there must be half a dozen 'popular' mailers for win32
...blat is just one of many (or so I'm told) the only thing I remember is
blat is a file based thing, you have to put your mail in a file on the
disc and then tell blat to send it, at least thats the way formmial was
using it.

I did look at the said script many moons ago
instead of

if($win32){ send_win32($mail) }
else { send_unix($mail) }

it has

sub send{

do this ...
err .. but not this bit if its unix.
oh and this bit
but add this bit for win32
and take this bit off agin
and this bit goes in for unix
and then do this if its win32

etc etc ..
}

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!