----- Original Message -----
From: Cross David - dcross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 4:12 AM
Subject: RE: Not Matt's Scripts

> Feel free to believe what you want, but as far as I'm concerned, not
> expecting people to install extra CPAN modules is of overriding importance
> in writing replacements for Matt's scripts.
>
> Dave...

Although we have Net::SMTP installed on our servers and there is a formail
program there, there is no way any member of support is going to tell an
average 'my first homepage' AOL customer that they need to use a script that
requires anything extra installed.  They have difficulty enough telling the
difference between binary and ascii mode let alone being able to handle
module installation.

If the script is meant to be a replacement for matts script then using
Net::SMTP negates this based on the target audience for matts scripts IMHO.

Will.