From: "Robin Szemeti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 02 May 2001 11:02
Subject: Re: Not Matt's Scripts

> On Wed, 02 May 2001, you wrote:
> > Just had a look, and apparently the Formmail scripts have been ported to
> > Win32 and use something called Blat instead of sendmail. Is there any
reason
> > why we couldn't use Blat too? I'm looking into it to see if I can get it
> > working.
> ahh yes ...
> trouble is .. there must be half a dozen 'popular' mailers for win32
> ...blat is just one of many (or so I'm told) the only thing I remember is
> blat is a file based thing, you have to put your mail in a file on the
> disc and then tell blat to send it, at least thats the way formmial was
> using it.
> I did look at the said script many moons ago
> instead of
> if($win32){ send_win32($mail) }
> else { send_unix($mail) }
> it has
> sub send{
> do this ...
> err .. but not this bit if its unix.
> oh and this bit
> but add this bit for win32
> and take this bit off agin
> and this bit goes in for unix
> and then do this if its win32

Yes - it's a bit crap. And I'm having trouble with it (read: can't get it
working).

I think we should be able to put all the Win32 specific bits in one place,
and have separate places for each external mailer program such as blat; but
blat is as good a place to start as any I suppose.

/Robert

PS - has anyone done this one already on Win32, or shall I keep going.