On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 01:26:17AM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:

> I tried to use VB once. I kept thinking "Why isn't this as good as
> Interface Builder is on NeXTSTEP?" Actually, I find myself thinking
> that when I use almost any IDE...

Heh.  Same here, although if you discount Interface Builder, VB is very
good indeed.  I haven't done enough Delphi work to be qualified to talk
about their interface, but first impressions were good.

I like to think of VB and Java as doing the same sort of job. They're
very good for the pretty interface bits, but need a Real Language to do
the real work - C for VB, perl/python/C for Java.

I was, however, thoroughly infuriated by Interface Builder on Mac OS X.
It is not at all obvious how it should work with Project Builder.  I am,
however, more infuriated by OS X itself, and its updates which break
everything.  Grumble. Mutter.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

             If a job's worth doing, it's worth dieing for