Hi guys,

Have any of you worked with SQueaLServer with a large DB (multiple terabyte
level), serving high volume transactions (read & write, of the order of
millions of records a day). What sort of performance did you get? What was
the hardware? Was it reliable?

I'm working for a telecoms company that is considering a proposal to move
its billing system from Oracle on Solaris, to SQueaLServer & NT. It's a
decision that is coming from management (where else?), and I'm trying to
find out if it's as ludicrous as it sounds.

My gut reaction is that it's still too warm in hell to consider this, but
maybe I'm just showing my diehard support for *nix, and my desire to see the
demise of the Evil Empire.

Any tales of first-hand experience (or old wive's tales) would be
appreciated.

Ian