On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 07:54:36PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> It is NOT POSSIBLE to completely divorce presentation/application.

You're missing a word from the end of the sentence, and that's I<logic>.
If you add it you're obviously wrong though...

> So you end up with all sorts of languages made up to be mixed in with
> the presentation - like PHP and the mini-language of TT.  Why are
> those OK (I'm thinking specifically of TT - we all know PHP sucks for
> other reasons) but plain ol' perl isn't?

TT's toy language is a presentation language, not a programming one.
It's different enough so that you can't easily put too much
programming logic into it, IME at least.

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"so we've got a deadline.