I agree with Bryan,
it should not be part of the LPI certifications because it is microsofts part.
>From my point of view maybe MS should include it but not LPI.
>From my point of view the only part is the mixed environment component.
How samba could interact with MS domains.
A whole domain with samba is from my point if view not the best way. Why?
If you want an AD, then go and buy MS stuff. No problem.
But if you want it another way then use LDAP or some kind of other stuff.

So from my point of view we should have a look that we are not trying to
simulate an AD copy in a LPI exam.
LPI and Linux is much more than that :-)

Regards

Maik