We use an HP4si here in the section, and it doesn't have
Postscript installed (that's only built in with the 4si MX
and we didn't buy the PS cartridge).  When I try and print
Postscript files using lprng+ifhp I get the error message
"W2 INVALID PERS" because lprng is sending the Postscript
direct to the printer.

Looking at the ifhp documentation and the supported printers
in ifhp.conf, I get the feeling that ifhp is designed to work
with Postscript-capable HP printers.  Is that right?

If yes, what's my best option for PS-PCL conversion?  
Ghostscript?

If no, what do I need to do to get the PS-PCL coversion 
working?

-- 
Bruce

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address

If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to